What is the Viability Scan?
Viability Scan is the first ultrasound during pregnancy and it aims to check:
- Baby's heartbeat
- To see how many babies you have
- To confirm age of pregnancy and estimate date of delivery (EDD)
- To check the baby (embryo), gestational sac and to exclude major pregnancy abnormalities
Optimal time for the scan
Generally the best time period for Viability Scan is :
- From 8+0 to 11+6 weeks
- From 6+0 to 7+6 if there is an indication or risk for an ectopic pregnancy
If you would like to combine viability scan with NIPT:
- from 10+0 to 11+6 weeks
- because it is impossible to perform NIPT before 10+0 weeks
How do we perform Viability Scan?
Our advanced ultrasound technology allows performance of viability scan transabdominally.
In rare cases we will need to perform transvadinal scan.
We do NOT need full urinary bladder for the scan. Please feel free to empty your bladder before the scan.