What is Baby Scan Package?
Our Comprehensive Scan Plan is simple and all-inclusive. It is based on 4 advanced screening scans during your pregnancy. It is created to help every future mother to be sure about health of her baby and be prepared properly for delivery. We are care about everything in your pregnancy.
What are the aims of the Baby Scan Package?
- Early screening for fetal physical (structural) anomalies
- Screening for abnormalities with late development
- Baby’s growth supervision
- Baby’s well-being care
- Placental checks
- Screening for vasa previa
- Diagnosis of other possible complications of the womb
Which scans are included into Baby Scan Package?
Four most important scans are carefully selected. We use simple and memorable formula which is amazingly fits into the best scanning schedule: 12+22+32+37 weeks.
The ultrasound package includes:
- Early Baby Scan at 12 weeks
- Anomaly Scan at 22 weeks
- Developmental Scan at 32 weeks
- Pre-delivery Scan at 37 weeks
Understandably there is some flexibility in the scan appointments and majority of the scans have periods about 2-3 weeks for their optimal performance. It means that, for example, anomaly scan optimally can be performed at 21-23 weeks.
Does this package includes screening for Down’s syndrome?
No, this package has no aim to screen for Down’s syndrome. It is oriented for detection of physical abnormalities, growth disturbances and to confirm baby’s well-being and normal intrauterine environment.
If you interested in screening for Downs syndrome you have those options:
- Comprehensive Scan Plan plus NIPT: Ultimate Care. It includes Harmony Test wich has 99.8% detection rate for Down’s syndrome.
- To have Combined Screening in your NHS trust (about 90% detection rate).