Affordable Harmony NIPT + Essential Scan in London for just £390. Pretest counselling for NIPT. No hidden fees.
This is an express option for patients interested in the screening of 3 chromosomal anomalies: Down’s Syndrome, Edward’s Syndrome and Patau’s Syndrome. The Essential Scan includes confirmation of viability, number of fetuses and the essential measurements required for the lab to process the blood samples.
For an extra £100 (£490 total) we will also be able to screen for 10 other severe anomalies from 10 weeks in our our Fetal Anomaly Scan.
Patient Information Page:
NIPT & Harmony Test in London: short summary
- Currently, NIPT is the best screening test for Downs syndrome
- Screening for trisomy 21 (Downs syndrome), trisomy 18 (Edwards syndrome) and trisomy 13 (Patau syndrome)
- Very accurate in early prediction of the baby sex (optional – by request)
- We have carefully selected Harmony Test from all other NIPT London providers
- Can be done from 10 weeks of pregnancy
- Performed together with the ultrasound scan at the same appointment
- Not able to check baby’s physical health and to exclude structural anomalies
- Harmony Test results time in London is about 3-5 working days
- In 3% of cases there are no-call results
- If the NIPT is positive, further referral/testing will be needed
We recoomend to perform the Harmony Test along with an Early Fetal Scan to screen for at least 10 severe anomalies (additional £100)
This package of Harmony Test at 10+ weeks includes
- Essential Viability Scan perfomred with an advanced handlheld device Clarius C3
- Explanation about Harmony Test, Q & A and Informed Consent
- Harmony Test: blood sample
- Printed Essential Scan Report
- Report of the Harmony Test results in up to 7 days via email
- Harmony test results interpretation
- Please note; with the Essential Scan option we may not be able to provide printouts or scan images.
What can be checked with the ‘Essential Scan’?
- Position of the pregnancy sac in the womb
- Viability of the baby by presence of the fetal heart beat
- Number of fetuses and type of twins or triplets in the case of multiple pregnancy
- Gestational age and estimated date of delivery (EDD) by measurement of crown rump length (CRL) of the baby
Who is NOT eligible for Harmony Test?
Please do not book the Harmony Test and contact us for further assistance if you have any of those conditions:
- pregnancy younger than 10 weeks
- active cancer or other oncologic condition
- pregnancy with fetal demise (singleton or twin)
- vanishing twin pregnancy
- multiple pregnancy with more than two fetuses
- previous bone marrow or organ transplants
- maternal chromosomal abnormality
- women under the age of 18
How do we perform the Essential Scan?
The Harmony Test must include a scan, otherwise the lab would not accept the sample. We perform the scan before taking the blood sample to confirm normality of the pregnancy.
Our advanced ultrasound technology allows performance of viability scan transabdominally. In some cases we will need to perform transvadinal scan.
We do NOT need full urinary bladder for the scan. Please feel free to empty your bladder before the scan.