For Medical Professionals
Our vision is that all parents deserve to know about health of their baby as early as possible and to have the most thorough examinations of the baby’s development during all periods of pregnancy. We have carefully designed a scanning schedule which we believe is optimal for the diagnosis at the earliest possible stage, namely from 12 weeks.
Dr Fred Ushakov
Dr Fred Ushakov has over 30 years of experience working in various Fetal Medicine Units and Ob Gyn Departments in three different countries. From the beginning of his career, Fred saw the immense potential in the use of ultrasound in obstetric and perinatology and has decided to dedicate his professional life to mastering ultrasound techniques and researching new methods. Dr Ushakov is currently working at the UCLH Fetal Medicine Unit where was recognised by his colleagues as the most skilled ultrasound operator.
Dr Ushakov’s passion for ultrasound led to the establishment of the London School of Ultrasound, where he has lectured doctors and sonographers from over 100 countries. Dr Ushakov’s excellence and contribution to the field has been recognised as he has been appointed as the Ambassador of ISUOG (The International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynaecology).
Fred is also founder and organiser of unique Early Fetal Scan (EF scan) Conference. The EF Scan Conference is an annual scientific event, which aims to raise professional awareness to early diagnosis and management of different fetal anomalies.
City Ultrasound imaging services: Distinctive characteristics
- All scans performed by the doctor with 30 years of expertise in obstetrics ultrasound and fetal medicine
- Ultimate range of all pregnancy-related scans at any stage of gestation
- NIPT from 10 weeks
- Early Fetal Scan: early diagnosis of structural anomalies from 12 weeks
- Early Fetal Test: ultrasound and NIPT one stop clinic at 12 weeks
- Fetal Echocardiography included in every scan from 12 weeks
- Fetal Neurosonography included in every scan from 12 weeks
- Fetal Development Scan: late anomaly scan at 28-34 weeks to exclude delayed manifestation of anomalies (especially CNS and cardiac) and fetal growth disorders
- Special expertise in transvaginal scans
- Special expertise in medical 3D/4D ultrasound, especially 3D transvaginal Neurosonography
- Comprehensive Pregnancy Scan Package covering all essential ultrasound diagnostic requirements
- Latest high-resolution ultrasound technology
- Secure cloud-based reporting system
- Convenient Central London location with brilliant transport links