Where Technology Meets Expertise
We are Fetal Health Specialists
Our mission is to provide a reassuring experience in your pregnancy journey through using our extensive expertise and advanced ultrasound technology.
Our vision is that all parents deserve to know about health of their baby as early as possible and to have the most thorough examinations of the baby’s development during all periods of pregnancy. We have carefully designed a scanning schedule which we believe is optimal for the diagnosis at the earliest possible stage, namely from 12 weeks. Our scans are supported by the latest medical advancements and the personal expertise of our Founder and Medical Director, Dr Fred Ushakov.
Meet the Doctor: Dr Fred Ushakov
Dr Fred Ushakov has over 30 years of experience working in various Fetal Medicine Units and Ob Gyn Departments in three different countries. From the beginning of his career, Fred saw the immense potential in the use of ultrasound in obstetric and perinatology and has decided to dedicate his professional life to mastering ultrasound techniques and researching new methods. Dr Ushakov is currently working at the UCLH Fetal Medicine Unit where was recognised by his colleagues as the most skilled ultrasound operator.
Dr Ushakov’s passion for ultrasound led to the establishment of the London School of Ultrasound, where he has lectured doctors and sonographers from over 100 countries. Dr Ushakov’s excellence and contribution to the field has been recognised as he has been appointed as the Ambassador of ISUOG (The International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynaecology).
Fred is also founder and organiser of unique Early Fetal Scan (EF scan) Conference. The EF Scan Conference is an annual scientific event, which aims to raise professional awareness to early diagnosis and management of different fetal anomalies.
City Ultrasound imaging services: Distinctive characteristics
- All scans performed by the doctor with 30 years of expertise in obstetrics ultrasound and fetal medicine
- Ultimate range of all pregnancy-related scans at any stage of gestation
- NIPT from 10 weeks
- Early Baby Scan: early diagnosis of structural anomalies from 12 weeks
- Early Baby Test: ultrasound and NIPT one stop clinic at 12 weeks
- Fetal Echocardiography - expert heart examination - included in every scan from 12 weeks
- Fetal Neurosonography - expert brain examination - included in every scan from 12 weeks
- Fetal Development Scan: late anomaly scan at 28-34 weeks to exclude delayed manifestation of anomalies (especially of the brain and the heart) and fetal growth disorders
- Special expertise in transvaginal scans
- Special expertise in medical 3D/4D ultrasound, especially 3D transvaginal Neurosonography
- Comprehensive Pregnancy Scan Package covering all essential ultrasound diagnostic requirements for every pregnant woman
- Baby's gender prediction and 4D scan included into the price of fetal health scans
- Latest high-resolution ultrasound technology
- Lots of images and videos
- Secure cloud-based reporting system
- Convenient Central London location with brilliant transport links
Our Clinic is conveniently located in the City of London. We have invested in all the latest technology, including a 2020 Voluson E10, extra-high-resolution probes, and a Tricefy cloud server where you can view your scan images and reports as soon as you finish your appointment.
We only have one scanning room and all the scans are performed by Dr Ushakov himself. All our staff are dedicated to serving a single mother and her family at all times.
Most importantly, we follow a scientific medical approach and do not offer ‘entertainment scans.’ Our primary concern is your baby’s health and as a result we do not offer sexing/keepsake images 3D/4D scans. We are more than happy to provide these free of charge as a part of your scan where possible, after having completed a thorough examination of your baby’s heart, brain, other organs, and its growth and development.